Mediation. I am trained in the Transformative Model of mediation and I practice a heart-based and eclectic method of dispute resolution, borrowing in large part from 5Rhythms® experience. I have been blessed with the opportunity to study at the Harvard Negotiation Insight Initiative with Kenneth Cloke and at the Summer Peace-building Institute at Eastern Mennonite University with an international group of students. I’ve had the opportunity to explore non-violent means of opposing injustices (which is different than “fighting against” injustices — which is simply more “fighting”). With an expertise in workplace dispute resolution, I have been helping people solve problems in the workplace since 2006.
Dance. I dance for transformation of my being and for the world around me. We move. We move energy and we move our lives …. forward, backward, sideways, up, down and still. We move. When we move through discomfort on the dance floor, we transform it. When we move through discomfort off the dance floor, we transform it. I am a certified 5Rhythms® leader and can be found in any of the myriad of classes held in NYC. My dance herstory includes leadership in the Dance New England community and NYC’s Barefoot Boogie community.
Jilsarah Moscowitz has over twenty years of experience in helping government and nonprofit organizations to build strong relationships and strong workplaces. By applying a variety of dispute resolution skills such as mediation, facilitation, and negotiation Jilsarah has been successful in resolving hundreds of disputes. She has facilitated dozens of meetings with diverse groups with regard to age, gender, religion and ethnicity. Jilsarah facilitates Board meetings, and works as court-appointed employment mediator for the Superior Court of NJ. She also mediates for the United States Postal Service.
Jilsarah’s academic training is from the University of Massachusetts/Amherst where she received a Master Degree in Public Health. She studied Into the Heart of Mediation at Harvard Negotiation Insight Initiative, and she has been trained in Non-Violent Communication, Formal Consensus Decision Making, Open Space Technology and Coaching Fundamentals. She is past Tri-Chairperson of the Association for Conflict Resolution Workplace Section.
Her article entitled Understanding Conflict in Nonprofit Organizations is published in the Winter 2007 issue of the magazine of the Association for Conflict Resolution.
She traveled to India in 1996 and to East Timor in 2000.
Skills and Experience
- High Conflict Board Facilitation
- Civil Mediation in Municipal and Superior Court of NJ
- Workplace mediation in large health sciences University
- Labor Relations: contract negotiations, NJ Law Against Disabilities, ADA, employee grievances
- Design, implementation and evaluation of training programs tailored to the adult learner
- Consensus building and organizational development
- Community organizing and public education
Training and Certification
- United States Postal Service, REDRESS
Transformative Skills for Mediators, 20 hours, September 2007
- Columbia University, SIPA, Conflict Resolution Working Group
Open Space Technology, 2 day course, December, 2006
- Harvard Negotiation Insight Initiative
Into the Heart of Mediation with Kenneth Cloke, JD, PhD, 5 day course, June 2006
- Hofstra University Mediation Clinic
Custody and Visitation. 3 day course, February 2006
- Non Violent Communications (NVC) Training
Introduction to NVC, 5 week course, February 2005
- NJ Administrative Office of the Courts
Mediation and Conciliation Skills, 3 day course, April 2004
- Mediation Center of Dutchess County
Transformative Mediation, 5 day course, July 2004
- Elder Mediation Training
Presented by Elder Decisions/Agreement Resources, Boston MA, May 2008
- Transformative Mediation – Mediation Center of Dutchess County, July 2004
- Institute for the Study of Conflict Transformation – Certified Transformative Mediator
- Association for Conflict Resolution, Workplace Section, Leadership Council member
- Association for Conflict Resolution, Spirituality Section, Leadership Council member
- New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators, member